Saturday, June 7, 2008

It starts so young...


This morning I decided that it was time for our youngest Alenna to learn to pick up her toys and stuff and put them away. So I told her that she needed to pick up her things and put them in her room. At first she just looked at me like I was speaking another language. After a few explanations she finally realized what I wanted her to do. Her first words were "I don't feel well", and " I want my mama". Along with these classic words came the actions of her putting her hand up on her forehead like she was sick. I about died, it was so funny! How are you supposed to keep a straight face with such a drama queen? I did finally convince her that she really did have to pick up her things and put them away, but each trip to her room was like she was walking to the death chamber. What a character!!! Life will never be dull, or quite with her around.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Every family needs at least one drama queen! All of ours have gone through different stages of drama-queen-ness, even Eli.

Wendi said...

Thats funny how she would put them to her forehead. I've got some drama queens and KINGS too. I remember dominique would all the sudden develop a stomach ache when I asked her to help out.

Ginger said...

What a beautiful picture!

Sometimes when I look around at the house and see all the things I need to do, I don't feel well either!! :)