Thursday, May 1, 2008

Times of trials and testing...

I am going through a difficult time right now with the long wait to adopt our daughter. Some days are better then others but some days like today I just want to cry and scream and ask why? The pain of waiting is so intense there is just no comparison to it in my life. I have given birth three times and it was hard, but nothing like this. Sometimes I wonder why the Lord has led us to adopt when He knows I would have such a hard time with the process. I know that He it teaching me something I just haven't figured it out yet. You know that old saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"? Right now I know I will survive but maybe be a little more broken after all is said and done. At the least I hope I will be a little more compassionate to others that are hurting.

3 comments:

Emy said...

I just read your comment, and I am feeling for you. My best friend Julie at www.journeytochinadoll.blogspot.com left an almost identical post on the same day. I thought it might be a little comforting to know that you're not alone.

Julie said...

Just wanted you to know you're not alone! I'm right here with you. My LID is 10-09-07. I just posted a VERY similar entry and my friend directed me to your blog. Hang in there. Our God is a God of miracles!!!

Jill said...

Christy, I remember how hard I struggled with the wait with Ella. It was so hard, and I had such a hard time understanding why it had to be so long. If God was so big, why was the wait so long? I still don't know the answers, I just know He is God and I am not. This poem helped when I was feeling down. I am praying for you and Arianna. ;o)

http://www.waitpoem.com/poem/index.html