Saturday, May 3, 2008

What did I do right?

Sometimes as a mom I really struggle with wondering if I am doing things right. If I am being a good mom or a not so good mom. Most of my struggle is stems from the fact that I started out so young. I never had the chance to develop who I am as a person before I had the responsibility to guide little hearts. It has taken me many years and much growing before I felt that I was maturing as a person. All the years of struggle I feel has taken a toll on my kids. I wonder if I have made wrong decisions and hurt them in the process. But I look at them now and see four wonderful children. They all have such tender hearts and are compassionate and caring towards others. Even our youngest likes to take care of mom when I'm sad or not feeling well. I couldn't ask for better, sweeter kids. I am so blessed. So I guess my question is did I do something right or did the grace of God cover my mistakes and they turned out well in spite of me? I'm sure it is some of both, and I'm so thankful for the grace of God that can cover our mistakes and make something beautiful.

No comments: